blog design

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Glossy Box- July

This was my first Glossy Box to be delivered even though I had signed up in May! I think the launch went alot better than the GB team anticipated and so they ran out of GB's to send out at first!







And judging from this months offerings I can see why many people are as enthusiastic about it as I am! 

With 3 out of 5 items being full sized, who can complain at that!? Although GB has said that this won't be a regular occurrence in every box, it is still a lovely surprise when they do send one!


In my July Summer 2011 Glossy Box I received:

Ciate Nail enamel in Mojito (Full Size)- A very vivid lime green colour which I have to admit I wouldn't purchase myself, but it isn't bad and is certainly very different! I don't think I would run out of it anyway as I doubt I will be using it very often!







Illamasqua Powdered metal in Ether (Full Size) a gorgeous gold shimmery colour that would work beautifully as a highlighter on the face and body, can be used lightly for a subtle sheen or if used quite heavily can be equally as striking! I was so excited to receive a full size Illamasqua product as I have want to try them for a long time but just never had the spare funds to justify their prices! A lovely product and perfect for a holiday shimmer!





Orla Kiely perfume sample- A lovely little flower shaped bottle which contains a 5ml sample of Orla Kiely eau de parfum! Not my usual taste of perfume but a lovely scent non the less! A very fresh smelling fragrance that is feminine and girly without being sickly sweet.




Ultra Sun Face 30- sun cream- not too impressed with this product as I have never really seen sun cream as a 'beauty' product so to speak. It is more of a necessity when in the sun, and less of a high end product. I have yet to try this product properly but it is a fairly light consistency and sinks into the skin fairly quickly and easily.




Weleda pomegranate regenerating body oil (Full Size) Again another full size product which is absolutely astonishing as it sells on the GB website for £19.95! A lovely scent and makes skin lovely and soft! I have heard a few bloggers mentioning whether they could use it as a kind of 'Moroccan oil' for their hair, so I will give it a try and let you know whether it makes your hair as soft as it makes your skin!







Overall pretty impressed with the products I received in this months Glossy Box! Unbelievable value in that 3 products are full size with value ranging between £9(nail polish) £19.95(weleda oil) and £22.50 (powered metal) plus two other generous sample items all for £10! Doesn't seem right does it! But it is! You can cancel at any time you like and get to keep all products you receive!

Looking at their website their is a few items that others received that I would have preferred to receive but it is the luck of the draw I suppose! And that's what makes it it such a surprise when you open your Glossy Box!







Visit the Glossy Box website here


I would give this months glossy box 8/10

Have you joined the Glossy Box craze yet?
What did you think of yours?

Lots of Love

Amanda 

XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments :) i love reading them all xxx